Our policy adheres to current privacy regulations and best practices, including the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected such as on booking forms, inquiry forms, sign-ups for our newsletters etc.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other related purposes.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers when requested, information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will always communicate with our customers and Prospective Customers in a way that is not detrimental to them.
- We will always communicate in a way that Data Subjects would reasonably expect, and this will have a minimal privacy impact on Data Subjects.
- Also, ‘The way that we use Customer and Prospective Customer data will always be proportionate and reasonable’.
- We will not sell lists of present or past customer names or emails to any other organizations.
- You are free at any time to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
What personal information do we ask for?
If you are requesting a quotation, booking travel arrangements, joining our Safari E-Course, downloading a Free Guide or joining our Newsletter mailing list, we will ask for your name and your email address and – on some forms – your Country of Residence.
If you are requesting a quotation you can also opt to give us your telephone number which will only be used by one of our Safari Advisors to contact you about your safari plans.
If you are booking travel arrangements, we’ll also need your telephone number, postal address, international flight times and numbers, travel insurance details, next of kin, plus the name, passport number, nationality and date of birth for each passenger.
Please note that we do not hold client credit/debit card details as client payments are made via a secure third-party payment system.
How do we use this personal information?
Inquiries, Bookings, Safari E-Course, Free Guides & Newsletter requests:
Your name and email address will be added to our Client Database so that we can send you occasional emails with news and product updates, wildlife sightings and special offers/promotions we think you would be interested in.
If you do not wish to receive our marketing information, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails, or send your name and email to
If your name or contact details have changed, please send your new contact details to
When confirming a booking:
We need your name and passport details so we can confirm these details to the relevant hotels, airlines etc. who the booking is for.
We also need your telephone number and address in case we have to contact you about any part of your booking in advance of your holiday.
Will Nature Exploration Safaris disclose any of this personal information to third parties?
If you do not have a confirmed booking with us we will not share your personal information with any other company.
When you confirm a booking, we will only disclose your personal details to our suppliers if required for operational reasons. We will not pass on your details to other companies for marketing purposes. We will hold the details of your insurance provider, passport and next of kin. In case of emergency, we may share these details with the Emergency Services or your Consulate or Embassy
How does Nature Exploration Safaris protect client information?
All the information you give us is protected by a secure server. The secure server software SSL (Secure Socket Layers) encrypts all information you enter before it is sent to us. The information is only de-encrypted when it reaches our server.
We also have a Firewall (security software) in place to protect our internal information from the Internet.
Your personal information may be stored on our Reservations System and/or Client Database. These are password protected and are only accessed by the staff of Nature Exploration Safaris.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since the browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that makes your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
However, you will still be able to send an inquiry or booking form.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.